Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: RES-20:155    Version: 1 Name: APPLY FOR THE NATIONAL HISTORICAL PUBLICATIONS AND RECORDS COMMISSION, ACCESS TO HISTORICAL RECORDS; ARCHIVAL PROJECTS GRANT
Type: Resolution Status: Passed
File created: 9/23/2020 In control: Finance & Administration Council Committee
On agenda: Final action: 10/8/2020
Title: RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE CITY OF JONESBORO, ARKANSAS TO APPLY FOR THE NATIONAL HISTORICAL PUBLICATIONS AND RECORDS COMMISSION, ACCESS TO HISTORICAL RECORDS; ARCHIVAL PROJECTS GRANT
Sponsors: Grants
Indexes: Grant
Related files: CON-1144

title

RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE CITY OF JONESBORO, ARKANSAS TO APPLY FOR THE NATIONAL HISTORICAL PUBLICATIONS AND RECORDS COMMISSION, ACCESS TO HISTORICAL RECORDS; ARCHIVAL PROJECTS GRANT

body

WHEREAS, applications are now being accepted for the FY20 Access to Historical Records: Archival Projects grant by the National Historic Publications and Records Commission; and

 

WHEREAS, these grants will fund municipal projects that seek to significantly improve online public discovery and use of historical records collections; and

 

WHEREAS, the grant will cover 75% of project cost and the City of Jonesboro will be responsible for the other 25% of project cost, which can be in-kind contributions; and

 

WHEREAS, the City of Jonesboro is seeking funding to record and preserve burial data of the historical Knight of Pythias Cemetery which will consist of creating online mapping aids for all records, digitizing historical records and making them freely available online, and converting existing records to a digital database, which will make data discovery significantly easier for Jonesboro citizens and preserve historic data in perpetuity; and

 

WHEREAS, the City of Jonesboro will apply for a $72,000 grant, wherein 75% ($54,000) will be covered by the grant for software, equipment, licensing and support and the remaining 25% ($18,000) will consist of in-kind project support.

 

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF JONESBORO, ARKANSAS THAT:

 

SECTION 1: The City of Jonesboro supports the submission of the application to the FY20 Access to Historical Records: Archival Projects grant for software, equipment, licensing, and support to record and preserve burial data of the Historical Knight of Pythias Cemetery.

 

SECTION 2: The Mayor and the City Clerk are hereby authorized by the City Council for the City of Jonesboro, Arkansas to execute all documents necessary to effectuate this application.


PASSED AND APPROVED THIS 8TH DAY OF OCTOBER 2020.